Sunday, October 23, 2011

encouraged to write...

I'm not a great writer by any means...but...after reading blogs by a few other friends I've been encouraged to write.  Sorry in advance if this is long...you know pregnant women...we are emotional!

Before Pregnancy...
We've never used birth control.  We both strongly agreed and were convicted that if we were to ask the Lord to protect us daily, provide for our needs, etc, that we should trust Him in the bigger areas of our lives as well.  We both trusted that if the Lord wanted us to have children He would allow that to happen.  After being married a year I started to wonder if maybe we wouldn't have the joy of children in our marriage, we never had a "scare".   I even had a dr or 2 tell me that might be the case-I didn't go to the Dr to check on my fertility or anything of that nature, I went for my thyroid issues.  The thought of never having children made me sad, I just kept reminding myself that God would give us children if it was in His will.  I found God changing my heart to become completely in love with it being just Robert and I-I fell more madly in love with my husband!!  Our marriage became like a dream-it's just that amazing!  I truly started to believe that it may be just us and I was 100% ok with that.  Then bam, we found out we were pregnant...we had been married 2 years and 1 month, anniversary baby! hahaha!

We're having a baby...
Sunday morning after church I told Robert I thought I should buy a pregnancy test but he discouraged the idea and said that my job was stressing me out and I def wasn't pregnant.  I ran to Target  for a few things and decided I should go ahead and buy a test just to be safe.  I thought on the way home...that was such a waste of money.  I quietly carried my purse to the bathroom to test, I knew it was going to be negative so I didn't tell Robert that I had purchased the tests.  After what felt like forever I looked at the test and saw all these lines then looked at the instructions to see what they meant.  I think I looked back and forth 15 times.  I had all these amazing ideas for how I wanted to tell Robert that he was going to be a dad.  I suppose that I thought if I ever found out I was pregnant that I could make this elaborate plan unfold before I broke the news.  So what did I do?  I screamed "Robert".  Being the attentive husband that he is he dropped everything and ran to me.  He was met by my hand holding this test.  He asked what all the lines meant, I couldn't even speak.  I went back to the bathroom to grab the instructions and I let him figure it out.  He grinned the biggest grin and said "so does this mean yes".  I shrugged my shoulders still unable to speak.  I still couldn't believe it-we both ran to the car, bought a few digital test from Walgreens, and waited for the longest 5 minutes to pass.  "Pregnant" was what they all read.  I think I tested 5 or 6 more times over the next week.  I was in complete shock.  I thought that at any minute I would wake up and it would all be gone.  My friends def made fun of me for that!
Pregnancy...
Well here we are, week 33.  I don't feel like it's flown by at all.  We found out about our new addition when I was only 7 weeks pregnant and we're about to have the privilege of meeting our new addition in (approx.) 7 weeks.  That's so bizarre to me.

The first trimester was pretty difficult, I was nauseated all the time and experienced those hilarious moments of bursting into tears and having absolutely no idea why I was crying.  It was funny until I realized that the environment at my full-time job wasn't going to work with this new stage in life.  Thankfully my husband encouraged me to quit and work on our photography business and take care of the house full-time.  Sounded like the perfect opportunity but the nausea had me in bed a large percentage of the time.  Then I dealt with the emotions of feeling like I let my husband down, etc so on and so forth.  Of course I've married an incredible and supportive husband who reminded me that all of that stuff wasn't important, just to feel better.  (pic below is 1st trimester)

The second trimester was something I was so excited about, all of my books told me it was the "best" trimester, we would find out the gender of our baby, and I would actually start to look pregnant!  I LOVED the second trimester!  I felt amazing almost all of the time!  We found out that we were having a son!!!  I watched in amazement as my belly grew just a little bit each week.  It's absolutely incredible how God designed everything.  I was able to feel my son move, I wish that I could explain how it feels but I have no clue how.  It's absolutely incredible.  When I feel him move I wonder if he's stretching or just wiggling his fingers.  It's something amazing to feel those things but it'll be breath taking to see him do what I've felt him do for so long.  When he moves I try to just stop and take it in, I know that's something I'll miss.  Robert and I have even joked about those first few months after he's born - I'm sure I'll have moments where I'll have to remind myself that's just my stomach-he's out of there now. (Pic below is second trimester)

Now in the third trimester I'm not quite so comfortable anymore.  Melon is just growing and growing!  I've got that annoying sciatic nerve that just won't let up, lack of room to take a deep breath, and I soooo miss sleeping on my stomach!  I don't feel random jabs anymore, I can actually feel him stretching after he's slept for awhile, everything is a bit more "organized"!  ha!  I'm assuming he's pretty much out of room because it'll feel like a wave in my belly.  I can watch him move from one side of my stomach to the other.  I'm sure I look crazy when I stop whatever I'm doing to look down and watch him move.  It's so amazing to me!  I'm so ready to get him out!  He's getting heavy and wearing me out!  I'm praying that he comes earlier then his due date because I can barely eat 2 pieces of pizza and I'd really love to devour some stuffing during Thanksgiving!  (Pic below is third trimester)

I'm so thankful that I've been given the opportunity to be a mom.  I'm thankful that I'm getting to see Robert become a dad.  I love my little family so very much and I'm so thankful that I'm getting to experience all of this with Robert by my side, he's an amazing godly man!  I'm so grateful that the Lord is allowing my life to overflow with these blessings...I'm constantly stopping to take them all in.




No comments:

Post a Comment